Thursday, January 29, 2009

My first 4 blog entries EVER: Oct/Nov/Dec '07 (imported from Facebook)


#1 I'M A BLOGGER!

No, not booger, blogger.....

never done this before so we’ll see how it goes.......




#2 NUMBER TWO

So, here I am for the second time..... and while I’m tempted to talk about “number two”, lol, I will spare you all.

It has finally snowed here (but is starting to melt today) and it has me thinking ahead to Christmas, how Lily will react to playing in the snow, when are we going to teach her to skate (and by “we” I mean uncle Tony, lol), and just how fast time actually flies.....

I look forward to the time when we can put up a full sized Christmas tree (I miss it so much) but that won’t be until we can finish our basement which won’t be happening anytime soon (unless the basement finishing fairy happens to pay us a visit).....

well, Lily calls so off I go....

hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to her I go.....whistle whistle.......




#3 IS THIS THING ON?

I wonder if anyone reads this.....

not that it matter much I guess. Just me putting random thought down in print. Not that interesting, I know. But I try.




and #4 SLEEP LIKE A BABY???????

whoever coined that phrase must never have had a baby. Or, if they did, they must have had one on drugs!

Of all of the issues I educated myself on before becoming a mommy, baby/child sleep wasn’t one of them. I blame the media, lol. All of those babies/kids falling asleep in their high chairs, sleeping in their strollers in a noisy crowded mall, drifting off unaided in their cribs while staring blissfully at some silly mobile...... I never realized it could be such a HUGE problem.

Oh sure I expected a lot of disrupted sleep in the beginning since babies have to eat so often. And then they need to be changed. Then they get gas and need to be burped/comforted. Then they’re hungry again....... but, come on, 16 months???????

And that isn’t the worst part. I never imagined having a baby who could not be comforted. Who would work herself up into such a hysterical state and have nothing work to calm her down. Cuddles you say????? Only if I wish to be hit and kicked. Kisses???? That’s suicide. The mere sound of our voices is enough to drive her over the edge at times. Thankfully this happens to daddy too. I have enough mommy guilt already that I don’t need to be feeling like it’s something about ME.

Nope, this is just her little unique personality. Hopefully that’s all it is. I would hate myself if there was something medically wrong all this time and I didn’t push her doc harder to investigate........

It’s so tough when friends/other mommies don’t understand why we don’t get out much. Or why we can’t even talk on the phone after she is in bed. Sometimes the slightest noise is enough to wake her and start her screaming. Although that part is getting better. But I feel like we’re prisoners. Once she’s in bed we have to whisper and tiptoe and have heart attacks if we see anyone anywhere near our house that could potentially ring the doorbell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is with daddy right now trying to fall asleep. Lately she has been going to bed around 4pm because she refuses to nap. But today she napped. So now we’re all screwed up. I hope she falls asleep soon so we can eat a late supper......

No comments:

Post a Comment