Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hansel and Gretel and....Bear?

You know the classic storybook characters who decide to go on an adventure in the forest and almost meet a nasty end? Well, remember how they left a trail of bread crumbs so that they would be able to find their way home again?

I think my dog, Bear, our giant 130lb 10 year old Bouvier, is afraid of losing his way back when he goes out to potty. His "potty rocks" are on the side of the house. Yesterday I go out in the yard to find a trail of poop nuggets leading from our patio to his rocks. This isn't the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last. He has always had trouble keeping his butt shut when urgent business calls. But, he is a senior, so I thought that maybe he may have a purpose in leaving this disgusting trail. And, as his proud human mama I would much rather think leaving poop plops is his way of being clever instead of believing that my dog is just gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment