Monday, January 26, 2009

Lemons and Pirate Ships

I LOVE lemons. I don't know what has gotten into me lately but I just can't get enough Lemonade. Superstore used to have a store brand that was "old fashioned" and it was SOOOOO good. But of course, like all good things, it became near impossible to find. So it's replacement is MinuteMaid lemonade in the 2L carton. Yummy. And before anyone suggests making it myself, forget it. I don't love it THAT much.

I also love the smell of lemons. Not the fake lemon smell of some cleaners, but actual lemons, lemon juice, and lemon essential oils. Something so crisp and refreshing. Even pictures of lemons are particularly appealing right now.

Now, for the not so smooth segue into pirate ships. A good friend of mine was finally able to pop over for a visit last week and she brought some toys for Lily that her son has outgrown. One of them is a Duplo pirate ship. It's actually pretty neat. Has all these levels and different ways for things to fit together. Anyways, it also has a steering wheel. And Lily likes to put one of the little pirate guys near it and pretend he's driving the ship. Well, this wheel just fits on but not tightly so, the first time she gave it a spin, it came flying off and landed across the room. Once she saw that I was not upset (throwing toys is not allowed ya know) she looked at her little pirate guy and said:

"Why you drive like a crazy whacko?"

I almost died laughing (my preferred way to leave this earth by the way) 




No comments:

Post a Comment