Thursday, January 22, 2009

Forum evictions and unfriendly GloWorms

Well, I have turned a corner in my cyber-life. The forum I have been a member of since 2004 has seen fit to evict me from my cyber-home. I loved that place. It was instrumental in my conversion and the friendship, support, and sense of community was truly amazing. And it has been an absolute sanity-saver during this really stressful time of hubby being away. But, you can't keep a good poster down! Thanks to our friend Lori-Burbs, we now have a new home. And, thanks to Kage for linking us to a different, but hopefully better forum. And a big thanks to all of those other members who have helped spread the word!

Why did I get banned? My current theory is that one of the mods is off her meds. There really is no other rational explanation. She used the flimsy excuse that I was soliciting "medical advice" when I posted about a way I may try to adjust Lily's sleep schedule. No medical advice given or requested... but it earned me a 2 week suspension anyway. Then, my darling hubby found out and blew his top. He knows that forum was a crucial part of my social life and was upset that it was being taken from me over something so trivial. So he posted his thoughts. That earned him a suspension too. Well, it spiraled down from there.......

before I know it, I am outright banned with the explanation of "circumvention". He is then banned for having an "insecure account". So I can only guess that they thought I used his account to post my anger. So I get banned for something I didn't do and he gets banned for something I didn't do. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?

And we are not the only victims of this senseless mess. Many good people are getting the ol' heave-ho. And for no good reason. I wonder if we will ever discover the truth?

Now, you may be wondering what on earth unfriendly glo-worms have to do with any of this. My darling Miss Lily had another night terror last night. When she came out of it I tried to comfort her enough to help her get back to sleep. As I was getting her all tucked back in, I asked what she wanted to snuggle with (she has more than one favorite) and she chose her little Glo-worm. As she is settling down she begins to cry and cry. When I asked her what was wrong this is the response I got (through teary eyes and the saddest expression):

"Glo-worm doesn't like me"

My poor mama-heart darn near broke. She chose her pink pillow instead and snuggled in for the night.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Malia its Jill (TravisandJill) from catholic answers. I got linked with you guys from Outinchgoburbs after getting the memo about what happened. I am sorry and had no idea this was all going on :(

    I will probably be next since I already got a warning for the circumcision thread LOL

    We should talk everyone into getting facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Trying to follow your blog, getting an error on the page - I will keep trying.

    Tell Lily that glo-worms do not like me either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is so nice to know that someone is reading my random thoughts, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly (psr13) here. I was heartbroken when I discovered you and so many other people were banned. That place is off its rocker. I'm glad I found your blog, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still in awe over the bannings and miss everyone who was booted. I enjoy your blog though.

    ReplyDelete