Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Look mommy, just like skating!": one of many potty training adventures

So, Lily is learning to use the big girl potty and doing a great job! She caught on really quickly and is very proud of herself when she goes potty like a big girl.

Today, things were going well..... then we came to a point where I figured she might have to go pee. So, in order to get her to go I play a little "mommy needs to go pee, you aren't going to go first are you???? What, why are you stealing the potty??? hey!!!!!" kind of thing. She is very stubborn and contrary so asking her if she needs to go gets met with a "no". Telling her she needs to go try gets met with a "NO!". No amount of bribery works, ever. So, if her "winning" against mommy is what works, fine, whatever. (But I have a feeling I may regret this dynamic when she is a teen.)

Anyways, back to today. This time she just didn't go. So I wasn't going to force her. I had to take Bear out for his potty break and was gone less than a minute. I come into the living room to find this scene:

Lily with wet panties.

 A HUGE puddle of pee on the floor.

 And little pee pee footprints across my living room.

She sees me and goes back to the puddle, shuffles her feet through it and says:

"look mommy, just like skating!". 

UGH. Anyone who knows me in real life knows just what an aversion I have to pee. Any pee. Anywhere. For any reason.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear goodness me. I have to admit I laughed... I'm sure it wasn't funny but it makes a good story!!

    At least the floor wasn't carpeted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thankfully I can laugh about it... and no, not carpet!

    ReplyDelete