Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oops, let's pretend it's still Monday

So I missed my self imposed posting date for my top 5 weekly post. Oh well. Like anyone really cares. I'm one of the only ones reading my words and I don't care! So I'll do it today instead. I think my personal motto is quickly becoming "Better Late Than Never", lol.

MY TOP 5

Things I love about my house:

1. Location location location!

Our house is close to where I grew up so I know the area and am comfortable here. It is also within walking distance (a long walk, but still....) of my parents' house and my sister and her husband's house. The actual lot sits on what used to be an empty field where a stable rented out horses for horseback riding. I have ridden many times over the exact spot that my house now occupies. It is a relatively safe, nice area close to bike/walking paths and near some man made lakes where we can take Lily to feed the ducks in the summer.

2. Our big yard.

No, it is not nearly as big as the yard I grew up with but it is huge compared to other similar properties. I love that we can have a huge deck, a swing set, monkey bars, shed, and a place for the dog to go potty. We also have lots of trees and shrubs thanks to my grandparents' farm and the labor of my dad and hubby.

3. Our bedroom.

No, it is not some fantasy master bedroom with spa-like ensuite and enough space to have a sitting room but it can comfortably fit a King sized bed, and that makes me very happy! The window looks out over our backyard and I can also watch the clouds go by while laying in bed.

4. Main floor "powder room"

No, I do not actually call it a powder room, lol. But just wanted to impress that it's basically a closet with a toilet and sink inside, literally. But it's a very handy thing to have, especially when potty training a toddler!

5. LOTS of Windows!

Yes, having lots of windows has it's down side, but I choose to see them as a huge attribute because I need natural light. I could not live in a space with few windows. I crave daylight. So every room (even the bathrooms) has windows. It is probably the number two thing that attracted me to the house in the first place (number one being, duh, the location).

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading your words! I like all of your reasons for liking your house. I wish my backyard were larger, but I do have visions of working on it to make it nice to look at from our bedroom too. (With our king-sized bed!)

    ReplyDelete