Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bathing suit woes

I bet you think this is about buying a bathing suit for ME, right? Nope. While shopping for bathing suits for grown women (unless you happen to be blessed with the body of a super model) is akin to pulling teeth without anesthesia, I have recently discovered that shopping for bathing suits for 3 year old girls is equally painful!

Last year Lily was still in diapers so we just put the cover on without an insert and she was good to go, no shirt required. But I did buy her one suit last year when I found it on a clearance rack.... of course, it didn't fit. I made the mistake of assuming that if she was wearing size 3T clothes that she would wear a 3T suit. NOT.

So, this year I went to the store armed with my debit card and a sale flyer and bought 4 suits in 2 different sizes and 4 different styles. We have tried 2 so far. Both the same size. One is "droopy" and the other makes Brazilian panties look modest, lol. I wonder what the other two will be like???????

The one purchase I am thrilled with though is one of those sun-protection t-shirt types. I thought they would be really difficult to get on and off but it is great! Also, I have discovered that buying her boys' swim trunks save a lot of headaches and hassles.

I think next time I am in the market for a suit for me (when you know where freezes over, lol) I will be checking out swim shorts for sure! No more elastic wedgies, bikini line shaving rash, and feeling of being in public in your undies for me!

Hope you are all having a great summer!


2 comments:

  1. Wow who would have thought? When I was a little girl, I just wore boys swim trunks until I was around 5. I think I had one bikini...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have one smart mama lol...

    ReplyDelete